Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mini Science Posters

I first saw this in Biology Inquiries by Martin Shields and I had to laugh.  "Lapbooking for schools," was all I could think, but after having spent a bit of money and time helping my kids make large poster presentations, I thought this was a great idea.

The idea is to put two file folders together just like you would a lapbook, completely overlapping one side of each folder; that makes the tri-fold poster board that will stand on a display table.  Instead of mini books, kids place their information just as they would on a large poster. So instead of creating it as you go through a subject as you would a lapbook, this is meant to be a culmination of learning presented at the end.

This link goes to a blog entry written by a science teacher that shows a mini poster and how to construct it.  This link is to a pdf that gives an example of how to place information on the three panels.




3 comments:

KackyK said...

This is SO timely! My boys have a geography report to do for a club they participate in and I was thinking a big sci fair size board was just going to be WAY too huge. Sometimes the simplest things seem farthest from my mind! Thanks!

Kris said...

It really is perfect for small presentation events. BTW, I love the name of your blog!

Autismland Penny said...

What a fantastic idea! I must admit that I laughed when I saw it as indeed it is lapbooking for schools. Great thought though!